Recently, I’ve found myself running out of time to do the things I want to do in the afternoons after work, in favor of the things I need to do. Now, don’t get me wrong, I totally understand that this is “real life.” Needs come before wants and work (typically) needs to come before play. At least that’s what I teach my 3rd graders.
Anyway, it’s gotten me thinking, what would my day look like in a perfect world?
In a Perfect World…
This day is assuming John would be at work. Otherwise, we’d spend the day together!
- I’d wake up after enough, dare I say plenty, of sleep, but still early enough to enjoy the morning hours. I’d lounge in bed for a bit, browsing the blogs and such, before finally rolling out of bed to get myself dressed for the day.
I’d dress in leggings (because let’s be honest is there really anything better?) and a cozy sweatshirt before heading into the kitchen to make coffee and breakfast. I’d enjoy my breakfast while watching the Today Show and/or browsing a magazine or 2 that I’ve had sitting around for
- I’d eventually give myself a full hour to get in a good Barre or Pilates workout. My favorite, as you know.
The rest of the morning may be spent crafting, antiquing, doing a DIY project, or even (gasp!) organizing/cleaning the house. With really loud T.Swift blaring, obviously. It’s amazing how much I DON’T mind cleaning the house when I actually have a bit of time on my hands.
- For lunch, I’d meet up with my hubby and enjoy his lunch hour together. Perhaps we’d hit up Panera or Zoe’s Kitchen.
- After lunch, I’d probably stay out and go shopping a bit. I always enjoy walking around various stores and scoping out the deals. Ann Taylor Loft, The Gap, Banana Republic, Altr’d State, Francesca’s, and a few little boutiques around town are my favorites. Oh, and Target. Duh. I’m not a huge shopper, and definitely have my limit. After a few hours I hit a wall an am D.O.N.E.
- After an afternoon of shopping I’d head home to get a little baking in. Oh how I love to bake! I just never have the time! Again, with some music blaring, time, and a kitchen to myself, I’d be in heaven.
- About that time, John would get home and we’d take a walk together while chatting about our days. Of course, it’d be a warm and sunny day. It IS, after all, my perfect day.
We’d head home to prepare dinner together. John would grill my favorite chicken. I don’t know how he seasons it, but it’s my absolute favorite! I’d be inside prepping all the veggies. Fresh veggies are my jam. Perhaps some roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli? Or maybe a whole slew of roasted veggies and grilled corn? Or maybe, since it’s the perfect day and all, all of it!
- We’d sit down to eat together while watching some/all of our favorite shows, or a good movie.
We might head out for froyo a little later, or just eat some of those baked goods I made earlier.
We’d finally head to bed where’d I’d quickly drift off into dreamland with not a worry on my mind. And in a perfect world, wake up and do it all over again!
I’m obviously pretty easy to please. Give me a little time to myself, some DIY, a little time out and about, a few good meals, and plenty of quality time spent with my hubby, and I’m one happy girl!
Linking up with Amanda today. Thanks for letting me do a little
thinking dreaming out loud today!
What would YOUR day in a perfect world look like?