How was your Memorial Day? Hopefully you were able to relax, enjoy time with family and friends, and eat some good food.
I’m one happy girl today! The main reason being because today marks the first day of the LAST week of school!!! I love my students and all, but I love summer break
more too! Unfortunately, I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me this summer, but I’ll touch on that later. I’m not going to let that diminish my excitement quite yet.
Another reason I’m happy? Yesterday, I treated myself to a handful of fun, new purchases. And the best part is that my husband was there, so he already knows about what I bought and how much $$ was spent…and he approved! Honestly, though, none of it was expensive, and we needed
all almost all of it.
On to my purchases…
1. A new hot pink dress from Gap. It was 40% off, plus I smiled really pretty and told them I was a teacher, and they knocked off a few extra dollars.
I didn’t take a picture, but trust me, it’s super cute! Sleeveless, button front, with a tie at the waist…and comfortable. Most importantly, comfortable!
2. A new pair of cute flats! Being tall, hello 5’10”, flats are a must. And since I wear them so frequently, I tend to wear them out very quickly. I found these gold, Steve Madden shoes at DSW. They’re different that I’ve ever worn before, but I think that’s why I like them.
3. We scored this new seagrass rug at a local flea market/antique mall. I LOVE it! It’s perfect in our entryway.
4. My husband happens to love lanterns, and I must say, I don’t hate them. We also purchased this lantern at the flea market/antique mall. I love it! Now, to find where to put it…
The remainder of our Memorial Day was spent prepping a few things for my classroom End of the Year party, straightening the house a bit, and we finished out the day watching the Bachelorette. Any of y’all watching? What are you thoughts on this season?
Have a great
Monday Tuesday! (I’m so confused about what day it is now, FYI, thanks to the holiday yesterday. I’m not complaining, just saying.)
1. How did you spend your Memorial Day?
2. What is the last thing you’ve bought for yourself for FUN?
3. Thoughts on the Bachelorette?